Summer is just around the corner and that means festival season is fast approaching. It has been a while since I have been to a festival but judging by this year’s coachella, both fashion and make up is becoming just as important as the festival itself.
This inspired me to do a summer festival make up look. Glitter is becoming increasingly popular with make up and after my mermaid make up look, I was excited to experiment with it again.
Firstly I used the Nivea mens shaving balm that I mentioned in my last post. I used this as a primer. I used my Barry M Brow Kit for my eye brows then started with my eye make up first.
I have been loving the cut crease look lately and decided to give it a go myself. I have listed a step by step guide on how I achieved this look below.
1. Start my priming your eyes. Any eye primer will be suitable then set the primer with a nude coloured eye shadow.
2. Take a hot pink eye shadow and a blending brush. Apply the eye shadow into the crease. Take a smaller blending brush and apply a dark purple eye shadow further in to the crease. For this look I used my BH Cosmetics Modern Mattes Palette.
3. Apply concealer on to your eye lids with a concealer brush, carefully making sure that you create a neat line between the crease and the eye lid. Take a white eyeshadow and set the concealer. Once this is done, apply some eyelash glue to your eyelids, lightly dabbing it on.
4. Apply loose white glitter to your eyelids. Be very careful this doesn’t transfer on to the other half of your eye where you applied the pink and purple. For this look I used Star Gazer Glitter Shaker which I bought from a costume shop. I also used my Kiko Super Colour Eyeliner in 100.
5. Apply black gel liner to the eyes. Make sure the wing goes underneath the pink shades at the outer V of the eye. Finish off this part by using a white eyeshadow on the tear duct and brow bone.
Now the difficult part is over, it’s time to apply your foundation. I used MAC Studio FiX Fluid – NW20. I used my new MAC 196 foundation brush and it does not dissapoint. I contoured my face with MAC Pro Longwear Concealer – NW15 and LA Girl Pro Conceal in the colour toast. To set my under eyes, I used MAC Set Powder in invisible and bronzed my face with Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit in the colour medium brown.
Once the contour was completed, I used some of my glitter around the areas I would normally highligh (cheek bone and above the eyebrows). I then took the purple eyeshadow that I used and applied this on the lower lash line and finished the eyes with black eyeliner on the water line. For lips i used Revlon Black Cherry – 477.
So there you go, this is the finished look and I had so much fun doing it. Just a shame I don’t have a festival to go to right at this minute!
I hope you liked my latest make up look. Don’t forget to like and subscribe my page 🙂